The data controller of your personal information collected, processed, used and stored by the CROWDLOC Services is our IT supplier IT4PME GEO4CAST, having its registered office 5, rue Kepler – 75016 Paris.
Location of Storage and Processing of Personal Information
Your personal information is stored and processed in European data centers by our IT supplier IT4PME and its cloud hosting contractor OVH.
Data Collection, Processing and Storage
To provide the CROWDLOC Services the CROWDLOC Applications collect the following data that is considered personal information:
1. Email. To create an account on the CROWDLOC platform we require an email address. This email address is used as a login to the Services as well as to receive informative emails about our Services, from time to time. This email is not shared with third parties with the exception of our IT supplier IT4PME for the purpose of the service.
2. Password. A password is provided by the user to create an account and is used to protect this account. This password is not shared with third parties with the exception of our IT supplier IT4PME GEO4CAST for the purpose of the Services. The user is responsible for keeping the secrecy of its password at all times. We recommend using a strong password that is not shared with other services.
3. Name and picture of Bluetooth® device. When registering a Bluetooth® device to the CROWDLOC platform the user associate to that device a name and a picture. This name and picture are stored on our platform for as long as this device is kept active by the user or as long as the account is active.
4. Bluetooth® device: our Services record data such as Bluetooth® device name, Bluetooth® Mac address or UUID from nearby Bluetooth® devices. This data is registered, stored and processed to provide the CROWDLOC Services. It might be shared with third parties in an anonymized, aggregated manner for statistical purpose and studies.
5. Location data (latitude, longitude, elevation, inertial data) from your mobile device (smartphone or other). This data is used to locate Bluetooth® devices to provide the CROWDLOC Services. This location data is also used by CROWDLOC and its IT supplier IT4PME to assess the coverage and quality of its Services and to improve these. This data might be shared with third parties in an anonymized, aggregated manner for statistical purpose, advertising and studies.
6. Persistent identifiers on smartphones. We use persistent identifiers, such as Android ID, Advertising ID to identify your device for security reason and delivering the service.
The data collected by CROWDLOC is stored for the duration of the Services. The collection, processing, use and communication of these data is strictly regulated according to the requirements and under the control of the French Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés (National Commission for Information Technology and Freedom) - CNIL.
We implement various systems, applications and procedures to secure personal data, in order to reduce the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access, disclosure, modification or use of information. Please be aware, however, that these measures are cannot absolutely guarantee the security of your Personal Information. Therefore, although we take great efforts to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that our databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
Contact information - When you provide us with your contact information through the contact form or email, we will use it with the sole purpose to get back to you. You might amend your information or ask to be erased from our clients database at any time by contacting us at
Controlling your Personal Information
You have the right, at any time, to know whether your personal information has been stored and you can consult us to learn about their contents and origin, to verify their accuracy or to ask for them to be supplemented, cancelled, updated or corrected, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any of your personal information, as well as to oppose their processing for any and all legitimate reasons. Requests should be sent to us at email@example.com. If you request the deletion of your account and your personal information, we will delete permanently such information.